INGREDIENTS serves 4
4 fillets of salmon weighing about 100-125g each
4 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
250g puy lentils
1pt/half a litre of chicken stock
2 tbs light olive oil
1 med onion, finely chopped
2 small red chillies, de-seeded and chopped fine
salt + black pepper
20g dill, roughly chopped
- Put the soy sauce, garlic and vinegar in a shallow dish and turn the fillets in the marinade so they are well coated. Cover with a plate and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Wash the lentils well. Saute the onions and chillies in a saucepan with the oil. Add the lentils and stir well, allowing them to absorb the oil, onion and chilli.
- Pour in most of the chicken stock. Put the lid on the pan and cook until tender over a low heat, adding more stock if necessary.
- When the lentils have become soft and absorbed most of the liquid, season well and remove from the heat but keep warm.
- Grill the salmon briefly on both sides, about 2 minutes. Put a spoonful of lentils on each plate and place the salmon on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped dill and enjoy!